Are you a talented and experienced Senior Project Manager? If so, a great career opportunity awaits.
B60 is a leading global digital consultancy and development company. Based in the West Midlands, B60 houses a multi award-winning team of developers, UX/UI designer and consultants with a proven track record for developing and delivering exceptional digital solutions.
Since B60 was founded in 2012, we have worked with organisations such as Santander, Vodafone, Brother, Subway, BT Openreach, JD Sports, Coventry University and Music Magpie.
We have grown immeasurably over the past 18-24 months and having been crowned App Developer of the Year, it is an exciting time to be joining the company.
By becoming the newest member of the fast-growing B60 team, you will be part of a fun and vibrant working environment. You will have the opportunity to work on digital projects such as, bespoke mobile apps or emerging technology solutions, across a whole range of industry sectors.
If you want to be a part of our evolving and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to:
- Manage the full end to end software development process of multiple projects, delivering on time, with quality and within budget.
- Lead software design and development teams (internal, offshore and 3rd party), using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc).
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables and timelines.
- Identify stakeholders, internal and external and establish means, modes and lines of communication.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders, developers, Business Analysts, product managers, execs and clients.
- Work with teams to identify project dependencies and manage these issues through to release.
- Identify, manage and highlight project risks early, making them visible to the team and escalating to management as required.
- Proactively improve project management standards, tools and best practices.
- Mentor team members on project delivery and best practices.
- Identify and look for continuous improvements in software development process.
- Consider the commercial impact of all decisions and prioritise development activities accordingly.
- From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients and even be collocated directly with our clients when required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience of managing software projects
- Proven delivery of complex software development projects involving both mobile and cloud based software.
- Experience managing multifunctional distributed teams.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Software development background with 2+ years as a developer.
- Understanding of user experience and design principles and guidelines.
- Understanding of GIT code versioning and continuous integration practices.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and Firebase
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
Recruitment agencies beware
Here at B60, we reward innovation. However, we don’t want to fish in the same pond as every other company. If you’re an agency that shares our values and innovative approach to recruitment then we’d be delighted if you grabbed our attention in your own unique way.