Are you a talented and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer? If so, a great career opportunity awaits.
B60 is a leading global digital consultancy and development company. Based in the West Midlands, B60 houses a multi award-winning team of developers, UX/UI designer and consultants with a proven track record for developing and delivering exceptional digital solutions.
Since B60 was founded in 2012, we have worked with organisations such as Santander, Vodafone, Brother, Subway, BT Openreach, JD Sports, Coventry University and Music Magpie.
We have grown immeasurably over the past 5 years and having been crowned App Developer of the Year, it is an exciting time to be joining the company.
By becoming the newest member of the fast-growing B60 team, you will be part of a fun and vibrant working environment. You will have the opportunity to work on digital projects such as, bespoke mobile apps or emerging technology solutions, across a whole range of industry sectors.
If you want to be a part of our evolving and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
At B60 we aim to deliver world class mobile apps to creative enterprises large and small across the UK and globally. Be a part of our journey as we aim to become the mobile partner of choice for our clients worldwide.
By joining B60, you will be a part of our dynamic, fast paced, agile development team working on a vast array of exciting mobile and cloud projects. While you may be focused on activities as Lead DevOps Engineer, in keeping with our Lean Enterprise operating model, you will be expected from time to time to do crossover development with your Mobile Dev and Cloud Dev counterparts.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, your key focus will be to drive automation of processes within our internal development team, offshore teams and 3rd party development partners, pushing our automation and best practices into our and our providers' operations in order to successfully and rapidly deliver high class, high quality mobile app solutions. From time to time you may be expected to work directly with clients and even be collocated directly with our remote teams or clients when required.
In this role we are looking for someone who loves automating SDLC practices and is comfortable working between software development and cloud operations. You will be someone who is excited about exploring new technologies, programming languages and paradigms as we push to improve our own operations in continuing to provide best in class offerings to our growing range of clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in programming & debugging using one or more languages (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with test driven development and building and integrating automated test harnesses with industry standard tools (e.g. Robot, Cucumber, TestRail, Selenium, Appium, OCMock)
- Experience with continuous integration and building continuous delivery pipelines with industry standard tools (make, ant, maven, bamboo)
- Proven understanding and/or experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Firebase.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) or similar tools
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm
- Solid understanding / experience with Windows & *nix operating systems.
- Experience in monitoring design & data driven decision-making
- Experience working on-call for support
- Significant hands-on knowledge of the Atlassian tools suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Knowledge of core IT operations and practices (ITSM) in highly-available and resilient environment.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
Additional Desirable Experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Solid experience with multiple IDE’s including solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Knowledge/experience in software engineering standard methodologies (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability).
JOIN B60 today!
Recruitment agencies beware
Here at B60, we reward innovation. However, we don’t want to fish in the same pond as every other company. If you’re an agency that shares our values and innovative approach to recruitment then we’d be delighted if you grabbed our attention in your own unique way.