Are you a talented and experienced iOS Developer? If so, a great career opportunity awaits.
B60 is Europe’s leading mobile consultancy and app development company. Based in the West Midlands, B60 houses a multi award-winning team of developers, UX/UI designer and consultants with a proven track record for developing and delivering exceptional mobile solutions.
We create beautifully designed, simple to use mobile apps across every major mobile platform and have consulted for some of the largest businesses and brands worldwide.
Since B60 was founded in 2012, we have worked with organisations such as Santander, Vodafone, Brother, Subway, BT Openreach, JD Sports, Coventry University and Music Magpie.
We have grown immeasurably over the past 18-24 months and having been crowned App Developer of the Year, it is an exciting time to be joining the company.
By becoming the newest member of the fast-growing B60 team, you will be part of a fun and vibrant working environment. You will have the opportunity to work on bespoke mobile app projects across a whole range of industry sectors.
If you want to be a part of our evolving and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
This role requires somebody who has both a strategic approach to android development as well as excellent hands-on abilities. Ideally we are looking for someone with:
- At least 2-3 years experience working in an iOS development role
- A real passion and knowledge for latest developments of mobile platforms and technologies
- High attention to detail
- Willing and able to work independently and oversee their own projects
- Ability to adapt to new priorities and challenges and willing to learn new technology
- Ability to work/communicate with different disciplines
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Demonstrable knowledge commercial knowledge directly-related experience within software development
- Working experience in iOS development and proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Has delivered at least one product, preferably in an Agile Development team
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with integrating with other systems through web services, e.g. RESTful APIs
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
- Strong working knowledge of mobile development environment
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Solid debugging (Xcode preferred) and problem solving skills
- Understanding of MVC development patterns
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work objectives; use resources effectively and efficiently; demonstrate reliable work habits; and organise and self-direct execution of tasks/duties
Recruitment agencies beware
Here at B60, we reward innovation. However, we don’t want to fish in the same pond as every other company. If you’re an agency that shares our values and innovative approach to recruitment then we’d be delighted if you grabbed our attention in your own unique way.